Bhardwaj is from Winthrop College and Brooks is from the University of South Carolina. The authors wish to thank Scott Harrington, Edward Miller, William Moore, Rodney Roenfeldt, Ronald Rogers, René Stulz (editor) and an anonymous reviewer for helpful comments. We are grateful to the College of Business Administration at the University of South Carolina for its financial support.
The January Anomaly: Effects of Low Share Price, Transaction Costs, and Bid-Ask Bias
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1992 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 553–575, June 1992
How to Cite
BHARDWAJ, R. K. and BROOKS, L. D. (1992), The January Anomaly: Effects of Low Share Price, Transaction Costs, and Bid-Ask Bias. The Journal of Finance, 47: 553–575. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04401.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!