University of California, Los Angeles. I gratefully acknowledge the helpful discussions and comments of James Ang, Michael Brennan, Chris Barry (the discussant at the WFA 1990 meetings), Bhagwan Chowdhry, Kent Daniel, Milton Harris (the chairman of my Ph.D. thesis from which this paper derives), David Hirshleifer, Narasimhan Jegadeesh, Tim Opler, Jay Ritter, René Stulz, Sheridan Titman, Itzchak Venezia, an anonymous referee, and the workshop participants at seminars at The University of California at Los Angeles, The University of Chicago, and The University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, INSEAD, The 5th Symposium on Money, Banking, Finance and Insurance in Karlsruhe, and the NBER. An earlier version of this paper, titled “Sequential Sales, Path Dependence and Cascades,” was presented at the Western Finance Association 1990 conference. I gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Center for Finance and Real Estate and the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, both at UCLA.
Sequential Sales, Learning, and Cascades
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1992 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 695–732, June 1992
How to Cite
WELCH, I. (1992), Sequential Sales, Learning, and Cascades. The Journal of Finance, 47: 695–732. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04406.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!