Hand and Leftwich are from the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago. Holthausen is from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. We wish to thank John Elliott, Paul Healy, Gene Imhoff, Wayne Mikkelson, Dale Morse, Pat O'Brien, Scott Stickel, Tom Stober, an anonymous referee and David Mayers (editor) for their comments on a previous version of this paper, as well as workshop participants at Cornell University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Michigan, Ohio State University, the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of Rochester. We wish to thank the Interactive Data Corporation for a research grant allowing access to the daily bond prices used in this study. Holthausen and Leftwich gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Institute of Professional Accounting of the University of Chicago and the Center for Research in Security Prices.
The Effect of Bond Rating Agency Announcements on Bond and Stock Prices
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1992 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 733–752, June 1992
How to Cite
HAND, J. R. M., HOLTHAUSEN, R. W. and LEFTWICH*, R. W. (1992), The Effect of Bond Rating Agency Announcements on Bond and Stock Prices. The Journal of Finance, 47: 733–752. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04407.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!