From Harvard University and The University of Chicago, respectively. We are grateful to Douglas Diamond, Eugene Fama, Robert Gertner, Milton Harris, Glenn Hubbard, Steven Kaplan, Robert McDonald, Merton Miller, Raghuram Rajan, Artur Raviv, Howard Zimmerman, and especially to Harry DeAngelo and René Stulz, for helpful comments. We are also grateful to the National Science Foundation, Bradley and Sloan Foundations, and Dimensional Fund Advisors for financial support.
Liquidation Values and Debt Capacity: A Market Equilibrium Approach
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1992 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 1343–1366, September 1992
How to Cite
SHLEIFER, A. and VISHNY, R. W. (1992), Liquidation Values and Debt Capacity: A Market Equilibrium Approach. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1343–1366. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04661.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!