J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Department of Finance, Northwestern University. The comments of seminar participants at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, CentER at Tilburg University (The Netherlands), Columbia University, Northwestern University, Tulane University, the Universities of British Columbia, Indiana, and North Carolina, and participants at the 1991 French Finance Association meeting in Louvain-La-Neuve and at the 1990 Western Finance Association meeting in Santa Barbara are gratefully acknowledged. The author thanks Sanjai Bhagat, Susan Chaplinsky, Mike Fishman, Ron Giammarino, David Hirshleifer, George Kanatas, Max Maksimovic, David Ravenscraft, Steve Raymar, Karl Schlag, René Stulz (the Editor) and two anonymous referees, and, especially, Anjan Thakor for detailed comments. Research assistance from Bill Emmons and Ron Simenauer is gratefully acknowledged. The usual disclaimer applies.
Why Hang on to Losers? Divestitures and Takeovers
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1992 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 1401–1423, September 1992
How to Cite
BOOT, A. W. A. (1992), Why Hang on to Losers? Divestitures and Takeovers. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1401–1423. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04663.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!