From Harvard University and NBER, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and NBER, and MIT and NBER respectively. We thank Mike Fishman, Greg Mankiw, Stew Myers, Andre Perold, Julio Rotemberg, Andrei Shleifer, and seminar participants at numerous institutions for helpful comments. We are also grateful for research support from the Olin and Ford Foundations, MIT's International Financial Services Research Center, Batterymarch Financial Management, and the Division of Research at Harvard Business School.
Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1992 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 1461–1484, September 1992
How to Cite
FROOT, K. A., SCHARFSTEIN, D. S. and STEIN, J. C. (1992), Herd on the Street: Informational Inefficiencies in a Market with Short-Term Speculation. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1461–1484. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04665.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!