From the North Carolina State University, University of Pennsylvania, and University of Pittsburgh, respectively. This paper has benefitted from comments from Mustafa Gultekin, Craig MacKinlay, Robert Stambaugh, René Stulz, two anonymous referees, and participants at the Friday lunch microfinance seminar of the Finance Department, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. We gratefully acknowledge financial support from a faculty research grant at North Carolina State University and a grant from the Geewax-Terker Corporation and the Rodney L. White Center, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
The Post-Merger Performance of Acquiring Firms: A Re-examination of an Anomaly
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1992 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 4, pages 1605–1621, September 1992
How to Cite
AGRAWAL, A., JAFFE, J. F. and MANDELKER, G. N. (1992), The Post-Merger Performance of Acquiring Firms: A Re-examination of an Anomaly. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1605–1621. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04674.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!