DeAngelo and DeAngelo are from the University of Southern California and Skinner is from the University of Michigan. Useful comments were received from R. Ball, E. Berkovitch, S. Gilson, P. Hughes, G. Imhoff, R. Israel, S. P. Kothari, R. Masulis, V. Nanda, A. Ofer, J. Ritter, K. Schipper, P. Seguin, J. Zimmerman, seminar participants at Chicago, Rochester, and USC, and especially from R. Stulz and R. Watts. We are grateful for the research assistance of P. Ramanlal. We would like to thank USC (Charles E. Cook/Community Bank and USC Accounting Associates Professorships), the KPMG Peat Marwick Foundation, and the Michigan Business School for financial support.
Dividends and Losses
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1992 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 5, pages 1837–1863, December 1992
How to Cite
DeANGELO, H., DeANGELO, L. and SKINNER, D. J. (1992), Dividends and Losses. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1837–1863. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04685.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!