The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University. Detailed comments by an anonymous referee, Tom Smith, René Stulz (the editor), and Robert Whaley substantially improved the paper. We also want to thank Campbell Harvey, David Hsieh, Nancy Keeshan, Fred Lindahl, Kevin McCardle, Mike Moore, Paul Pfleiderer, Duane Seppi, the seminar participants at the WFA meetings in San Diego, the AFA meetings in New York, and the University of Minnesota for their helpful comments. Support from the Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance and the Futures and Options Research Center at Duke University is greatly appreciated.
Variations in Trading Volume, Return Volatility, and Trading Costs; Evidence on Recent Price Formation Models
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1993 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 187–211, March 1993
How to Cite
FOSTER, F. D. and VISWANATHAN, S. (1993), Variations in Trading Volume, Return Volatility, and Trading Costs; Evidence on Recent Price Formation Models. The Journal of Finance, 48: 187–211. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1993.tb04706.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!