Boot is from the University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and is currently on the faculty of the J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, and Thakor is from the School of Business, Indiana University. We thank Phil Dybvig, Kerry Back, Peter DeMarzo, Michael Fishman, Robert Heinkel, David Hirshleifer, Alan Hess, Chris Lamoureux, Antonio Mello, an anonymous referee, René Stulz (the editor), and participants at finance workshops at Northwestern University, Washington University, the University of Oregon, the CentER at Tilburg University (The Netherlands), and the Third Summer Symposium of the European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets in Gerzensee (Switzerland) for helpful comments. Only the authors are responsible for the contents of this paper.
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1993 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 1349–1378, September 1993
How to Cite
BOOT, A. W. A. and THAKOR, A. V. (1993), Security Design. The Journal of Finance, 48: 1349–1378. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1993.tb04757.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!