The authors are from the University of South Alabama and the Financial Market Division of Cargill, Inc., respectively. We thank the editor, René Stulz, and an anonymous referee for their helpful suggestions and comments. We also thank Jayant Kale, Thomas Noe, Stephen Smith, Stephen Timme, and participants of the Georgia State University Finance Workshop. We thank IBES, Inc. for providing the data from the Institutional Brokers Estimate System. Much of the work on this paper was completed while the authors were Ph.D. students at Georgia State University. All errors are solely the responsibility of the authors.
Alternative Information Sources and the Information Content of Bank Loans
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1993 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 1507–1522, September 1993
How to Cite
BEST, R. and ZHANG, H. (1993), Alternative Information Sources and the Information Content of Bank Loans. The Journal of Finance, 48: 1507–1522. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1993.tb04765.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!