Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and Johnson School, Cornell University, respectively. We thank Marshall Blume, Fernando Diz, Prajit Dutta, Thomas Finucane, Bruce Grundy, Lawrence Harris, Joel Hasbrouck, Richard Highfield, Eric Hughson, Shmuel Kandel, Donald Keim, Craig MacKinlay, Krishna Ramaswamy, Matthew Richardson, Mark Roomans, Oded Sarig, Laura Starks, René Stulz (editor), and an anonymous referee for their helpful comments. We have also benefitted from the comments of seminar participants at CalTech, Princeton, Syracuse, the Cornell-Rochester conference, the 1992 USC/UCLA/NYSE Conference on Market Microstructure, the 1992 Western Finance Association Meetings, and the 1992 European Finance Association Meetings. Research support from the Geewax-Terker Research Fund (Madhavan) is gratefully acknowledged. Any errors are entirely our own.
An Analysis of Changes in Specialist Inventories and Quotations
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1993 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 1595–1628, December 1993
How to Cite
MADHAVAN, A. and SMIDT, S. (1993), An Analysis of Changes in Specialist Inventories and Quotations. The Journal of Finance, 48: 1595–1628. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1993.tb05122.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!