College of Business and Management, University of Maryland at College Park. Maksimovic's research was supported at the University of British Columbia by a grant, number 410–92–1643, from the Canadian Social Science Research Council. We would like to thank Larry Cordell, Espen Eckbo, Mark Flannery, Mason Gerety, Edward Kane, Kathy Kuester, and Rex Thompson for helpful comments; James Barth, Larry Cordell, Larry Fleck, Leonard Lapidus, Chan-Jane Lin, Jay Ritter, and James Thomson for providing data; and Sandra Betton, Rex duPont, Keith Price, Charles Lahaie, and Eric Surette for excellent research assistance. Detailed comments from René Stulz (the editor) and an anonymous referee substantially improved the paper. We are also grateful to seminar participants at the London School of Economics, University of Maryland, University of British Columbia, UCLA, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, University of Oregon, University of Texas at Dallas, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Western Finance and Financial Management Association Meetings for their comments.
Issue Size Choice and “Underpricing” in Thrift Mutual-to-Stock Conversions
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1993 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 1659–1692, December 1993
How to Cite
MAKSIMOVIC, V. and UNAL, H. (1993), Issue Size Choice and “Underpricing” in Thrift Mutual-to-Stock Conversions. The Journal of Finance, 48: 1659–1692. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1993.tb05124.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!