Pagano is from the Università Bocconi, Milan, and CEPR, and Jappelli is from the Istituto Universitario Navale, Naples, and CEPR. We gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments of an anonymous referee, Richard Arnott, Patrick Bolton, Michael Brennan, Ian Cooper, Julian Franks, Michalis Haliassos, Fumio Hayashi, Julio Rotemberg, Antti Suvanto, and particularly Jorge Padilla and Xavier Vives. We also thank participants in seminars at Barcelona, Bilbao, Boston College, Helsinki, IGIER, LBS, University of Pennsylvania, MIT, and at the 1991 Symposium of the ESF Network of Financial Markets. Bruce Bargon, William Detlefsan, and Stuart Pratt have helped in understanding the operation of credit bureaus. We acknowledge financial support from CEPR under its SPES Programme (no. E89300105/RES) and from the Italian Ministry for Universities and Scientific and Technological Research.
Information Sharing in Credit Markets
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1993 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 1693–1718, December 1993
How to Cite
PAGAON, M. and JAPPELLI, T. (1993), Information Sharing in Credit Markets. The Journal of Finance, 48: 1693–1718. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1993.tb05125.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!