Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley. The author thanks Ronald Anderson, Fischer Black, Arnoud Boot, Michael Brennan, Philip Dybvig, Julian Franks, Robert Gertner, William Perraudin, Matthew Spiegel, Suresh Sundaresan, Ivo Welch, and especially Rob Heinkel and Klaus Toft for helpful comments. The referee and the editor, René Stulz, provided many valuable suggestions.
Corporate Debt Value, Bond Covenants, and Optimal Capital Structure
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1994 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 1213–1252, September 1994
How to Cite
LELAND, H. E. (1994), Corporate Debt Value, Bond Covenants, and Optimal Capital Structure. The Journal of Finance, 49: 1213–1252. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb02452.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!