Roll is from the Anderson School of Management, University of California, Los Angeles, and Ross is from the Yale School of Management, Yale University. We are grateful for comments from T. Daniel Coggin, Mark Grinblatt, John E. Hunter, Chi-Cheng Hsia, Andrew Lo, Simon Wheatley, three referees, the coeditor of the Journal, David Mayers, and the editor, René Stulz.
On the Cross-sectional Relation between Expected Returns and Betas
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1994 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 101–121, March 1994
How to Cite
ROLL, R. and ROSS, S. A. (1994), On the Cross-sectional Relation between Expected Returns and Betas. The Journal of Finance, 49: 101–121. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb04422.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!