Dhillon is from the School of Management, State University of New York at Binghamton, and Johnson is from the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, University of California, Riverside. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 1989 Western Finance Meeting. We wish to acknowledge considerable help from A. Aweidat, J. Wansley and B. M. Miller. J. Uttamsingh and E. Zakkak helped with the data collection. Useful comments were provided by R. Castanias, P. Chung, C. Ball, L. Dann, D. Emery, R. Masulis, R. Stulz, M. Weinstein, E. Blomeyer, M. Peters, J. Richardson, W. Staats, D. Cordell, and D. Crary. D. Mayers (the editor) and two anonymous referees were very helpful in improving the paper. This work was begun when the authors were at Louisiana State University. Much of the work was done when the second author was at the University of California, Davis.
The Effect of Dividend Changes on Stock and Bond Prices
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1994 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 281–289, March 1994
How to Cite
DHILLON, U. S. and JOHNSON, H. (1994), The Effect of Dividend Changes on Stock and Bond Prices. The Journal of Finance, 49: 281–289. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb04430.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!