Christie is from Vanderbilt University, and Nanda is from the University of Southern California. The authors gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments of Cliff Ball, Mukesh Bajaj, Bhagwan Chowdhry, Harry DeAngelo, Bruno Gerard, David Hirshleifer, Roger Huang, John Matsusaka, Kelly McNamara, Paul Schultz, David Shimko, Hans Stoll, Anand Vijh, Vince Warther, Randy Westerfield, and seminar participants at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, University of Southern California, and Vanderbilt University. The article has also benefitted significantly from the comments of René Stulz (the editor) and two anonymous referees. Christie acknowledges the financial support of the Dean's Fund for Faculty Research at the Owen Graduate School of Management and the Financial Markets Research Center at Vanderbilt University. All remaining errors are ours.
Free Cash Flow, Shareholder Value, and the Undistributed Profits Tax of 1936 and 1937
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1994 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 5, pages 1727–1754, December 1994
How to Cite
CHRISTIE, W. G. and NANDA, V. (1994), Free Cash Flow, Shareholder Value, and the Undistributed Profits Tax of 1936 and 1937. The Journal of Finance, 49: 1727–1754. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb04779.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!