Christie is from the Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University, and Schultz is from the Max Fisher College of Business, the Ohio State University. The article has benefitted from the comments and suggestions of Utpal Bhattacharya, Bernard Dumas, Thomas George, Lawrence Harris, Charles Lee, Craig Lewis, Kelly McNamara, Junius Peake, James Shapiro, Erik Serri, René Stulz (the editor), Hans Stoll, Ralph Walkling, Robert Wood, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at Northwestern University, the Ohio State University, the University of Pennsylvania, Vanderbilt University, and the University of Southern California/University of California Los Angeles/NYSE 1994 Conference on Market Microstructure. Christie acknowledges the financial support of the Dean's Fund for Faculty Research at the Owen Graduate School of Management and the Financial Markets Research Center at Vanderbilt University. Schultz acknowledges the financial support from the Dice Center for Financial Research at the Ohio State University. All errors are the joint property of the authors.
Why do NASDAQ Market Makers Avoid Odd-Eighth Quotes?
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1994 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 5, pages 1813–1840, December 1994
How to Cite
CHRISTIE, W. G. and SCHULTZ, P. H. (1994), Why do NASDAQ Market Makers Avoid Odd-Eighth Quotes?. The Journal of Finance, 49: 1813–1840. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb04782.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!