Manzon is from Boston College, Sharp is from the University of Western Ontario, and Travlos is from the University of Piraeus, Greece, Boston College, and the Athens Laboratory of Business Administration, Greece. Helpful comments were received from Jeff Cohen, Elaine Harwood, Peter Kugel, Robyn McLaughlin, Rick Robertson, Robert Taggart, participants at the Boston College Works-in-Progress seminar, the Co-Editor David Mayers, and an anonymous referee. We are thankful for the research assistance of Julie Benito, Anindya Dutta, Jim Jordan, Mark Potter, and Mike Prus. Earlier versions of this article were presented at the 1993 American Accounting Association annual meeting in San Francisco and the 1993 Financial Management Association annual meeting in Toronto.
An Empirical Study of the Consequences of U.S. Tax Rules for International Acquisitions by U.S. Firms
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1994 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 5, pages 1893–1904, December 1994
How to Cite
MANZON, G. B., SHARP, D. J. and TRAVLOS, N. G. (1994), An Empirical Study of the Consequences of U.S. Tax Rules for International Acquisitions by U.S. Firms. The Journal of Finance, 49: 1893–1904. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb04786.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!