The University of Iowa. I have benefitted from comments of the seminar participants at the Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Iowa, the Rutgers University, the University of Southern California, and the State University of New York at Buffalo. I wish to thank Frank Bacon, Steve Buser, Harry DeAngelo, Bruno Gerard, John Matsusaka, Vikram Nanda, and Sankarasubramanian for useful comments. I also wish to thank Bill Johnston of LaBranche and Company, Jaimie Brust of the Bank of America, Jim Shapiro of the NYSE, and other members of the NYSE and the brokerage operations of Charles Schwab and Fidelity Plus for useful discussions. I am especially obliged to René Stulz (the editor) and an anonymous referee for many suggestions that improved this article substantially. The work on this article was done while the author was at the University of Southern California. All errors are only my responsibility.
The Spinoff and Merger Ex-Date Effects
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1994 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 2, pages 581–609, June 1994
How to Cite
VIJH, A. M. (1994), The Spinoff and Merger Ex-Date Effects. The Journal of Finance, 49: 581–609. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb05153.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!