The University of Iowa. I have benefitted from comments of the seminar participants at the Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Iowa, the Rutgers University, the University of Southern California, and the State University of New York at Buffalo. I wish to thank Frank Bacon, Steve Buser, Harry DeAngelo, Bruno Gerard, John Matsusaka, Vikram Nanda, and Sankarasubramanian for useful comments. I also wish to thank Bill Johnston of LaBranche and Company, Jaimie Brust of the Bank of America, Jim Shapiro of the NYSE, and other members of the NYSE and the brokerage operations of Charles Schwab and Fidelity Plus for useful discussions. I am especially obliged to René Stulz (the editor) and an anonymous referee for many suggestions that improved this article substantially. The work on this article was done while the author was at the University of Southern California. All errors are only my responsibility.
The Spinoff and Merger Ex-Date Effects
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1994 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 49, Issue 2, pages 581–609, June 1994
How to Cite
VIJH, A. M. (1994), The Spinoff and Merger Ex-Date Effects. The Journal of Finance, 49: 581–609. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1994.tb05153.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!