Both authors are from the London Business School. Part of this research was completed while Dimson held the Houblon-Norman Fellowship at the Bank of England. Helpful comments were received from seminar participants at the American Finance Association Meetings, Bank of England, Cambridge University, Centre for Economic Policy Research, European Finance Association Meetings, Hebrew University, Inquire Group, Institute for International Research, International Federation of OR Societies, London Business School, London School of Economics, Securities and Investments Board, and Warwick University. We owe a particular debt to Dick Brealey, Marty Gruber, Jeremy Fairbrother, Sabrina Kwan, Stephen Schaefer, Bill Sharpe, Georgio Szego, and colleagues at London Business School, and to the market makers who made available the compositions of their equity books.
Capital Requirements for Securities Firms
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1995 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 821–851, July 1995
How to Cite
DIMSON, E. and MARSH, P. (1995), Capital Requirements for Securities Firms. The Journal of Finance, 50: 821–851. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1995.tb04038.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!