Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago. This is a revised version of Chapter 3 of my MIT dissertation. I am grateful to Chris James, Wally Mullin, Dick Schmalensee, Fiona Scott Morton, René Stulz, an anonymous referee, and especially David Scharfstein and Paul Joskow for comments and suggestions. I also appreciate the comments of seminar participants at the NBER 1993 Summer Institutes in Corporate Finance and Industrial Organization, the American Finance Association meetings, Cornell University, Harvard University, and the University of Maryland. Some of the data used in this paper were obtained from Information Resources Inc. with the help of John D.C. Little. Sabrina Bernold and Andrea Densham provided able research assistance. This work was supported by the Centel Foundation/Robert P. Reuss Faculty Research Fund at the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago.
Do LBO Supermarkets Charge More? An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of LBOs on Supermarket Pricing
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1995 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 1095–1112, September 1995
How to Cite
CHEVALIER, J. A. (1995), Do LBO Supermarkets Charge More? An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of LBOs on Supermarket Pricing. The Journal of Finance, 50: 1095–1112. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1995.tb04051.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!