Michaely and Thaler are from the Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University. Thaler is also with the National Bureau of Economic Research. Kent Womack is from Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College. The authors thank the seminar participants at Chicago, Cornell, Illinois, MIT, and Wisconsin and especially Vic Bernard, Laurie Bagwell, Eugene Fama, Steven Kaplan, Charles Lee, Jay Ritter, and David Scharfstein for helpful comments. We also benefited greatly from the comments of the referee and René Stulz, the editor. Errors are ours alone.
Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1995 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 573–608, June 1995
How to Cite
MICHAELY, R., THALER, R. H. and WOMACK, K. L. (1995), Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?. The Journal of Finance, 50: 573–608. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1995.tb04796.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!