Ramirez is from the Department of Economics, George Mason University. I am very grateful to Brad De Long who offered valuable insights, comments, and criticisms. I also greatly appreciate comments by David Brown, Charles Calomiris, Lance Davis, Claudia Goldin, Anil Kashyap, David Landes, Ben Polak, Dan Raff, David Scharfstein, Andrei Shleifer, Richard Sylla, René Stulz, Ling Hui Tan, Peter Temin, Peter Tufano, Jeffrey Williamson, an anonymous referee, participants at the 1992 NBER Summer Institute, seminar participants at the Federal Reserve Board, the Rutgers University School of Business, University of Florida College of Business Administration, as well as participants at Harvard University's Economic History Tea. All remaining errors are my own.
Did J. P. Morgan's Men Add Liquidity? Corporate Investment, Cash Flow, and Financial Structure at the Turn of the Twentieth Century
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1995 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 661–678, June 1995
How to Cite
RAMIREZ, C. D. (1995), Did J. P. Morgan's Men Add Liquidity? Corporate Investment, Cash Flow, and Financial Structure at the Turn of the Twentieth Century. The Journal of Finance, 50: 661–678. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1995.tb04799.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!