Biais is from Toulouse University. Hillion is from INSEAD. Spatt is from Carnegie Mellon University. We are indebted to R. Bellegarde, A. Morice, M. Outin, and P. Samaran, from the Paris Bourse, for helpful discussions. We are thankful to C. d'Autichamps, C. Donay, and Y. Muzika, from the Banque Nationale de Paris, for providing the data. We are also thankful for the comments of the Editor, René Stulz, the referee, as well as participants at presentations at the California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, INSEAD, University of Michigan, MIT, Ohio State University, Toulouse University, University of Utah and York University Finance Seminars, the Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) workshop on Market Microstructure at Konstanz, the Société des Bourses Françaises, the Stockholm School of Economics Conference, the USC-UCLA-NYSE Conference on Market Microstructure, and the Western Finance Association meetings in San Francisco, especially S. Bhattacharyya, P. Bossaerts, R. Byrne, R. Dammon, R. Green, A. Lo, M. Pagano, C. Plott, D. Seppi, R. Schwartz, S. Smidt, and M. Tenenhaus. Biais gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Association Française de Finance (AFFI), the Fondation Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC) and the Fondation Nationale pour l'Enseignement de la Gestion (FNEGE). Biais, Hillion, and Spatt gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1995 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 50, Issue 5, pages 1655–1689, December 1995
How to Cite
BIAIS, B., HILLION, P. and SPATT, C. (1995), An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse. The Journal of Finance, 50: 1655–1689. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1995.tb05192.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!