Ferson is from the University of Washington School of Business Administration, Department of Finance and Business Economics DJ-10, Seattle, Washington 98195, and Schadt is from the Edwin L. Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas 75275–0333. We thank numerous colleagues for comments and helpful discussions, including Connie Becker, David P. Brown, Stephen Brown, Jon Christopherson, John Cochrane, William Goetzmann, Mark Grinblatt, Campbell Harvey, Ravi Jagannathan, Debbie Lucas, Jianping Mei, Ed Rice, the editor René Stulz, Bill Sharpe, Andy Siegel, Karl Snow, and an anonymous referee. Vincent Warther deserves special recognition for providing some of the empirical analysis described herein, and David Modest and Peter Knez deserve thanks for supplying some of the data. This paper was presented in workshops at the Universities of Alberta, Arizona State, British Columbia, California at Los Angeles, Chicago, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Washington, and at J. P. Morgan Investment Management, and at the following conferences: the 1993 European Finance Association, the 1994 National Bureau of Economic Research Summer Institute, the third annual Osaka Conference on Finance, the 1994 Southwestern Finance Association and the 1994 Western Finance Association. Ferson acknowledges financial support from the Pigott-Paccar professorship at the University of Washington.
Measuring Fund Strategy and Performance in Changing Economic Conditions
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1996 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 425–461, June 1996
How to Cite
FERSON, W. E. and SCHADT, R. W. (1996), Measuring Fund Strategy and Performance in Changing Economic Conditions. The Journal of Finance, 51: 425–461. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb02690.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!