Princeton University and the University of Michigan, respectively. We thank Hank Bessembinder (the discussant at the AFA), Stephen Brown, John Campbell, Jennifer Conrad, Kenneth French, Thomas George, Campbell Harvey, Victor Ng, Jonathan Paul, Nejat Seyhun, Steve Slezak, and participants in the finance seminar at The University of Michigan and the American Finance Association Meetings at Boston, and especially an anonymous referee and the editor, Steve Buser, for their helpful comments and suggestions. We thank Kenneth French for providing some Japanese data. We also thank Patti Lamparter and Stacy Ferry for preparing the manuscript. Partial funding for this project is provided by the School of Business Administration, The University of Michigan.
Oil and the Stock Markets
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1996 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 463–491, June 1996
How to Cite
JONES, C. M. and KAUL, G. (1996), Oil and the Stock Markets. The Journal of Finance, 51: 463–491. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb02691.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!