Università di Napoli and ECARE (Université Libre de Bruxelles), respectively. This article was presented at the 1991 CEPR/ESF Network in Financial Markets summer workshop in Gerzensee, the 1994 AFA Meetings and Tel-Aviv University, Nuffield College, Toulouse University, the Stockholm School of Economics, and the London Business School. We thank seminar participants and especially Patrick Bolton, Ananth Madhavan, Jean Charles Rochet, Isabelle Bajeux, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments. An earlier version of this paper was circulated under the title “Auction and dealership markets with informed trading.” The authors are grateful to Studienzentrum Gerzensee for providing a congenial research environment, and to the EC for funding travel expenses under the SPES plan. Marco Pagano acknowledges financial support from the Italian Ministry of Universities and Scientific Research (MURST) and the Italian National Research Council (CNR); Ailsa Röell's research was supported by the ESRC “Functioning of Markets Initiative,” award (no. W102251005) to the LSE Financial Markets Group.
Transparency and Liquidity: A Comparison of Auction and Dealer Markets with Informed Trading
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1996 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 579–611, June 1996
How to Cite
PAGANO, M. and RÖELL, A. (1996), Transparency and Liquidity: A Comparison of Auction and Dealer Markets with Informed Trading. The Journal of Finance, 51: 579–611. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb02695.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!