John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. I am grateful to Kristen Willard for outstanding research assistance, to her and to Alan Auerbach, Anne Case, Kathryn Dominguez, Mitchell Peterson, James Poterba, René Stulz (the editor), Lawrence Summers, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments on an earlier draft, and to Princeton University's John M. Olin Program for the Study of Economic Organization and Public Policy for financial support.
Dividends and Profits: Some Unsubtle Foreign Influences
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1996 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 661–689, June 1996
How to Cite
HINES, J. R. (1996), Dividends and Profits: Some Unsubtle Foreign Influences. The Journal of Finance, 51: 661–689. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb02698.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!