University of Florida, Gainesville. Thanks to David Brown, Mark Flannery, Joel Houston, and seminar participants at the University of Illinois, Indiana University, the Stockholm School of Economics, U.B.C., and the editor and referee for helpful comments. Thanks also to Jon Garfinkel and David Marcus for research assistance. An earlier version of this paper was entitled “The Mix of Private and Public Debt Claims and Capital Structure Flexibility in Financial Distress.”
Bank Debt Restructurings and the Composition of Exchange Offers in Financial Distress
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1996 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 711–727, June 1996
How to Cite
JAMES, C. (1996), Bank Debt Restructurings and the Composition of Exchange Offers in Financial Distress. The Journal of Finance, 51: 711–727. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb02700.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!