Stern School of Business, New York University. This article was prepared for the Presidential Address of the American Finance Association meetings in San Francisco, January 1996. I appreciate the research assistance of Jeffrey Busse and want to thank Yakov Amihud, Christopher Blake, Stephen Brown, Edwin Elton, and Gregory Udell for commenting on an earlier draft of this paper. I would also like to thank Bill Crawford and Lisa Simms of Micropal and Donald Cassidy of Lipper Analytical Services for providing me with some of the data used in this article.
Another Puzzle: The Growth in Actively Managed Mutual Funds
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1996 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 783–810, July 1996
How to Cite
GRUBER, M. J. (1996), Another Puzzle: The Growth in Actively Managed Mutual Funds. The Journal of Finance, 51: 783–810. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb02707.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!