Bekaert is from Stanford University, and Urias is from Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc. We are grateful to Lewis Aaron at S.G. Warburg for generously providing data and many helpful conversations, and to the Miller Research Fund of the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University for financing the purchase of some of the data. We thank Warren Bailey, Bob Cumby, Giorgio DeSantis, Campbell Harvey, Robert Hodrick, Narayanan Jayaraman, Andrew Karolyi, Jack McDonald, Theo Nijman, Peter Reiss, Lemma Senbet, Eduardo Schwartz, Bill Sharpe, Ingrid Werner, and seminar participants at Georgetown and Duke University, the EFA Meetings in Milan, the WFA Meetings in Aspen, the Global Investment Forum at Georgia Tech, and the AFA Meetings in San Francisco for many useful suggestions and comments. The paper also greatly benefited from the thorough comments of two anonymous referees. Christoph Mueller and Albert Perez provided excellent research assistance. Bekaert acknowledges his colleagues at the NBER, the financial support of an NSF grant, and the Financial Services Research Initiative and the Bass Faculty Fellowship of the Graduate School of Business at Stanford.
Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1996 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 835–869, July 1996
How to Cite
BEKAERT, G. and URIAS, M. S. (1996), Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds. The Journal of Finance, 51: 835–869. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb02709.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!