Harris is the Chicago Board of Trade Professor of Finance and Business Economics, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago. Raviv is the Alan E. Peterson Professor of Finance, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University. We thank David Hirshleifer, Ronen Israel, Raghuram Rajan, Lars Stole, and an anonymous referee for detailed comments, and Stan Baiman, Ron Dye, Mike Fishman, Tom Lys, Andy Winton, and Bill Rogerson for helpful discussions. We also thank seminar participants at Carnegie Mellon, Chicago, Columbia, Florida, Northwestern, the Western Finance Association Annual Meetings, and the Summer in Tel Aviv Finance Conference for comments and suggestions.
The Capital Budgeting Process: Incentives and Information
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1996 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 1139–1174, September 1996
How to Cite
HARRIS, M. and RAVIV, A. (1996), The Capital Budgeting Process: Incentives and Information. The Journal of Finance, 51: 1139–1174. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb04065.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!