Berger is from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Ofek is from Stern School of Business, New York University. We appreciate capable research assistance from Franco Wong and helpful comments from Andrew Alford, Brad Barber, Robert Comment, Bob Holthausen, Edi Hotchkiss, Henri Servaes, and participants at the NBER's Conference on Corporate Finance, the Western Finance Association meetings, the American Finance Association meetings, and workshops at New York University and the University of Pennsylvania. We are especially grateful for the many constructive comments of the anonymous referee. Berger acknowledges the financial support of Coopers & Lybrand.
Bustup Takeovers of Value-Destroying Diversified Firms
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1996 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 1175–1200, September 1996
How to Cite
BERGER, P. G. and OFEK, E. (1996), Bustup Takeovers of Value-Destroying Diversified Firms. The Journal of Finance, 51: 1175–1200. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb04066.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!