Wedig is from Indiana University. Hassan and Morrisey are from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Previous versions of this article were presented at the health economics workshop at the Lister Hill Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, the 6th annual Conference on Health Economics, and the 12th annual Health Services Research meetings. The authors thank René Stulz, Tom McGuire, and the referee for useful comments on a previous draft. Funding was received from a grant from the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR). Van Kampen Merritt provided some of the data used in the analysis. Leslie Howard provided able research assistance. Opinions and errors reside with the authors.
Tax-Exempt Debt and the Capital Structure of Nonprofit Organizations: An Application to Hospitals
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1996 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 1247–1283, September 1996
How to Cite
WEDIG, G. J., HASSAN, M. and MORRISEY, M. A. (1996), Tax-Exempt Debt and the Capital Structure of Nonprofit Organizations: An Application to Hospitals. The Journal of Finance, 51: 1247–1283. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb04069.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!