Kroszner is from the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, and Strahan is from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. We would like to thank James Barth, Lawrence Cordell, Douglas Diamond, Benjamin Esty, Mark Flannery, James Fleck, Peter Gutzmer, Charles Himmelberg, Beverly Hirtle, Paul Horvitz, Glenn Hubbard, George Kaufman, Ignacio Mas, Sam Peltzman, Alex Pollock, Lawrence Radecki, James Verbrugge, Robert Vishny, seminar participants at the University of Chicago, NBER Summer Institute, the Stockholm School of Economics, University of Texas at Austin, the Federal Reserve Banks of Chicago, New York, and Kansas City, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments, and Lawrence Cordell and James Fleck for conversion data. Thanks to Joanne Collins and James Weston for research assistance. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve System.
Regulatory Incentives and the Thrift Crisis: Dividends, Mutual-to-Stock Conversions, and Financial Distress
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1996 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 1285–1319, September 1996
How to Cite
KROSZNER, R. S. and STRAHAN, P. E. (1996), Regulatory Incentives and the Thrift Crisis: Dividends, Mutual-to-Stock Conversions, and Financial Distress. The Journal of Finance, 51: 1285–1319. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb04070.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!