NBD Professor of Finance, School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington. I thank Jimmy Wales and particularly Kathleen Petrie for excellent research assistance. For their helpful comments, I thank Arnoud Boot and other participants at the Tinenbergen Institute Finance Seminar at the University of Amsterdam, participants at a finance seminar at The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and Mitch Berlin, Todd Milbourn, Richard Shockley, Patty Wilson, and other participants at the 1993 Indiana University Symposium on Design of Securities and Markets, and especially an anonymous referee and René Stulz (the editor). I am very grateful to Richard Shockley for providing the data. I alone am responsible for the contents of this paper.
Capital Requirements, Monetary Policy, and Aggregate Bank Lending: Theory and Empirical Evidence
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1996 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 279–324, March 1996
How to Cite
THAKOR, A. V. (1996), Capital Requirements, Monetary Policy, and Aggregate Bank Lending: Theory and Empirical Evidence. The Journal of Finance, 51: 279–324. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb05210.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!