City University Business School, London. This research was supported by the Office of Fair Trading, but the views expressed are solely those of the author, who would like to thank Ray Ball, Francis Breedon, Justin Coombs, Meziane Lasfer, Mario Levis, Claudio Loderer, Michael Parr, Ann Pope, René Stulz, and especially an anonymous referee for comments and suggestions. The paper has also benefitted from comments at seminars at the Bank of England, the European Finance Association, the London Business School, the London School of Economics, and the Office of Fair Trading. The provision of transactions and quote data by the London Stock Exchange is gratefully acknowledged.
Transparency and Liquidity: A Study of Block Trades on the London Stock Exchange under Different Publication Rules
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1996 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 51, Issue 5, pages 1765–1790, December 1996
How to Cite
GEMMILL, G. (1996), Transparency and Liquidity: A Study of Block Trades on the London Stock Exchange under Different Publication Rules. The Journal of Finance, 51: 1765–1790. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1996.tb05225.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!