Case Western Reserve University. This article is based on the first essay of my Ph.D. dissertation at the University of Illinois. I am very grateful to my dissertation committee members, Narasimhan Jegadeesh, George Pennacchi, and especially Jay Ritter (chairman) for numerous valuable comments. Special thanks also go to René Stulz (the editor) and an anonymous referee for extensive comments that have significantly improved the article. I thank Tim Loughran, Ben Sopranzetti, David Yermack, and seminar participants at the University of Waterloo, University of Illinois, 1994 FMA Doctoral Student Seminar, Purdue University, University of Arizona, University of New Orleans, Case Western Reserve University, Michigan State University, and the 1996 Western Finance Association Meetings for useful comments; and Dennis Sheehan for providing data on announcement dates of seasoned equity offerings.
Do Firms Knowingly Sell Overvalued Equity?
Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
1997 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1439–1466, September 1997
How to Cite
LEE, I. (1997), Do Firms Knowingly Sell Overvalued Equity?. The Journal of Finance, 52: 1439–1466. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb01116.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!