University of British Columbia. Giammarino and Hollifield thank the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for financial support. We thank participants at the 1995 Pacific Northwest Finance Conference, the 1996 Northern Finance Association Meetings, and seminar participants at UC Berkeley, Stanford, the Stockholm School of Economics, and the University of Vienna for helpful comments. We are especially grateful to the referee and to the editor, René Stulz, for their helpful comments. The usual disclaimer applies.
Defensive Mechanisms and Managerial Discretion
Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
© 1997 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1467–1493, September 1997
How to Cite
GIAMMARINO, R., HEINKEL, R. and HOLLIFIELD, B. (1997), Defensive Mechanisms and Managerial Discretion. The Journal of Finance, 52: 1467–1493. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb01117.x
- Issue online: 18 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!