Cao and Hatheway are from Pennsylvania State University. Choe is from Seoul National University. We appreciate the comments made by an anonymous referee, participants at the 1995 Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting at the University of Maryland, the 1996 Utah Finance Conference, the 1996 European Finance Association Meetings in Oslo, and the 1996 Financial Management Association Meetings in New Orleans; by seminar participants at the Pennsylvania State University; and by Jim Angel, David Becher, Russ Ezzell, Gordon Hanka, Burton Hollifield, Eugene Kandel, Bill Kracaw, Ananth Madhavan, Chris Muscarella, Harold Mulherin, Leonard Schneck, Dennis Sheehan and René Stulz. We also benefited from conversations with Joel Hasbrouck, Roger Huang, Charles Lee, Matthew Spiegel, and Hans Stoll. We thank Linda Corbin, Brian McNamara, James Shapiro, and George Sofianos of the NYSE, Robert Seijas of Merrill Lynch Specialist, Inc., and Bruce Harvey and Jack Shaw of Wagner, Stott and Co. for their descriptions of the workings of the NYSE. All errors are our own.
Does the Specialist Matter? Differential Execution Costs and Intersecurity Subsidization on the New York Stock Exchange
Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
1997 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1615–1640, September 1997
How to Cite
CAO, C., CHOE, H. and HATHEWAY, F. (1997), Does the Specialist Matter? Differential Execution Costs and Intersecurity Subsidization on the New York Stock Exchange. The Journal of Finance, 52: 1615–1640. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb01123.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!