Kairys is from Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania. Valerio is from the Goizueta Business School, Emory University. We thank George Benston, Francisco Delgado, Krishna Ramaswamy, G. William Schwert (the referee), Greg Waymire, John Zacharias, and participants at the Finance workshop at the State University of New York at Buffalo, the Economic History workshop at the University of Western Ontario, the Finance workshop at the Goizueta Business School, the Wharton microfinance lunch workshop, and the 1993 meeting of the Northern Finance Association. We thank Christy Wasko for research assistance. This research was conducted while Kairys was on the faculty of the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, and while Valerio was a Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance at The Wharton School. Kairys acknowledges the research support of the Plan for Excellence at the Richard Ivey School.
The Market for Equity Options in the 1870s
Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
© 1997 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 1707–1723, September 1997
How to Cite
KAIRYS, J. P. and VALERIO, N. (1997), The Market for Equity Options in the 1870s. The Journal of Finance, 52: 1707–1723. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb01128.x
- Issue online: 18 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!