Daniel is from Northwestern University, Grinblatt is from the University of California Los Angeles, Titman is from the University of Texas at Austin, and Wermers is from the University of Colorado at Boulder. We thank Josef Lakonishok, Neil Pearson (the discussant), and participants of the “Performance and Behavior of Money Managers” session of the 1997 AFA meetings in New Orleans, Louisiana. We also thank Mark Carhart for providing data used in one section of this article, the Price Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, and The UCLA Academic Senate for providing funding, and Eduardo Schwartz for assistance in obtaining funding.
Measuring Mutual Fund Performance with Characteristic-Based Benchmarks
Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
1997 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 1035–1058, July 1997
How to Cite
DANIEL, K., GRINBLATT, M., TITMAN, S. and WERMERS, R. (1997), Measuring Mutual Fund Performance with Characteristic-Based Benchmarks. The Journal of Finance, 52: 1035–1058. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb02724.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!