Dow is from the European University Institute and is also affiliated with the London Business School. Gorton is from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and is a research associate at the NBER. We thank seminar participants at Princeton, UCLA, Boston College, Duke, Stanford, Northwestern, Temple, the CEPR Conference on Financial Intermediation, and London Business School for comments.
Stock Market Efficiency and Economic Efficiency: Is There a Connection?
Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
1997 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 1087–1129, July 1997
How to Cite
DOW, J. and GORTON, G. (1997), Stock Market Efficiency and Economic Efficiency: Is There a Connection?. The Journal of Finance, 52: 1087–1129. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb02726.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!