Clyde is presently with the University of Michigan. Schultz and Zaman are with National Economic Research Associates, The Ohio State University, and University of Northern Iowa. We thank Sarah Dickerson and Erika Meyers for research assistance and Douglas Radtke for help in identifying announcement dates and motivations for delisting. We thank Joe Burns, David Butz, William Christie, Bill Clyde, Margaret Forster, Jeffrey Harris, Sara Moeller, Timothy Opler, René Stulz, Matt Wright, the American Stock Exchange, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at the U.S. Department of Justice for helpful comments. Paul Schultz gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Dice Center for Financial Research at Ohio State University. Paul Schultz has been retained as a consultant by plaintiffs in the Nasdaq Market Makers Antitrust Litigation. However, this study was not funded in whole or in part by them. The opinions expressed in this article and any remaining errors are our own.
Trading Costs and Exchange Delisting: The Case of Firms that Voluntarily Move from the American Stock Exchange to the Nasdaq
Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
© 1997 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 5, pages 2103–2112, December 1997
How to Cite
CLYDE, P., SCHULTZ, P. and ZAMAN, M. (1997), Trading Costs and Exchange Delisting: The Case of Firms that Voluntarily Move from the American Stock Exchange to the Nasdaq. The Journal of Finance, 52: 2103–2112. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb02753.x
- Issue online: 18 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!