David J. Denis and Diane K. Denis are from Purdue University. Sarin is from Santa Clara University. We are grateful for helpful comments received from John Chalmers, John Graham, Henri Servaes, René Stulz, Sunil Wahal, Ralph Walkling, an anonymous referee, workshop participants at the University of Pittsburgh, Purdue University, Santa Clara University, the University of Utah, the University of Oregon, Harvard University, and Northeastern University and participants at the conference on Financial Economics and Accounting at the University of Maryland. Sarin acknowledges support from a Leavey Research Grant and from the Dean Witter Foundation.
Agency Problems, Equity Ownership, and Corporate Diversification
Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
1997 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 135–160, March 1997
How to Cite
DENIS, D. J., DENIS, D. K. and SARIN, A. (1997), Agency Problems, Equity Ownership, and Corporate Diversification. The Journal of Finance, 52: 135–160. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb03811.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!