Blume is from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania at Boulder, and Goldstein is from the Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Colorado. We thank Dhaneesh Kumbhani, Kashif Hussain, and Anuj Malhotra for their excellent research assistance. We also thank Charles Black, James Cochrane, Gene Finn, Craig MacKinlay, Ananth Madhavan, Bernard Madoff, Peter Madoff, Edward Nelling, Mark Roomans, James Shapiro, and two referees for their valuable comments and help. Goldstein gratefully acknowledges financial support from Geewax, Terker & Company and the Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research. The contents of this article are the sole responsibility of the authors.
Quotes, Order Flow, and Price Discovery
Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
1997 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 221–244, March 1997
How to Cite
BLUME, M. E. and GOLDSTEIN, M. A. (1997), Quotes, Order Flow, and Price Discovery. The Journal of Finance, 52: 221–244. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb03814.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!