Battalio is from College of Business Administration, University of Notre Dame. This article is taken from the third essay of my dissertation completed at Indiana University. I thank the members of my dissertation committee: Mitchell Berlin, Craig Holden, Eric Rasmussen, and especially the chairman, Robert Jennings. This article has greatly benefited from comments made by Jeff Bacidore, Mark Bagnoli, Louis Chan, Brian Hatch, Michael Hemler, Mark Huson, James Peterson, Todd Milbourn, Richard Sheehan, Chester Spatt, Paula Tkac, and René Stulz, the editor. Additionally, this article benefited enormously from detailed comments and suggestions from an anonymous referee. I thank seminar participants at BI, the University of Florida, Indiana University, the Journal of Financial Intermediation's symposium on the design of trading systems, Michigan State University, the University of Notre Dame, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Southern Big Ten symposium. Finally, I give special thanks to George Moorin for providing priceless data, Jason Greene for his invaluable computer assistance, and Peter Madoff, Bernard Madoff, and Jim Shapiro for enlightening conversations. I am responsible for any errors that remain.
Third Market Broker-Dealers: Cost Competitors or Cream Skimmers?
Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
© 1997 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 341–352, March 1997
How to Cite
BATTALIO, R. H. (1997), Third Market Broker-Dealers: Cost Competitors or Cream Skimmers?. The Journal of Finance, 52: 341–352. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb03819.x
- Issue online: 18 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!