Rajan is from the University of Chicago and Servaes is from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Part of this research was completed when Servaes was visiting London Business School. Some of the results reported in this article were contained in a previous version of a related working paper: “The Effect of Market Conditions on Initial Public Offerings” (March 1994). We thank Mike Cooper, David Denis, Jennifer Francis, Joshua Lerner, Ernst Maug, Peter Pope, René Stulz, Sunil Wahal, Marc Zenner, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at INSEAD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, London Business School, North Carolina State University, Norwegian School of Management, Stockholm School of Economics, University of Lausanne, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for helpful comments and suggestions and Jay Ritter and Michel Vetsuypens for allowing us to use their databases. IBES kindly allowed the use of their data on analyst following. This research was partially supported by the McColl Faculty Fellowship (Servaes), and NSF grant SBR 9423645 (Rajan).
Analyst Following of Initial Public Offerings
Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
© 1997 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 507–529, June 1997
How to Cite
RAJAN, R. and SERVAES, H. (1997), Analyst Following of Initial Public Offerings. The Journal of Finance, 52: 507–529. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb04811.x
- Issue online: 18 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!